Know The Rules
Current regulations surrounding social use of cannabis in the City and County of Denver
(3) Personal use of marijuana. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF LAW, THE FOLLOWING ACTS ARE NOT UNLAWFUL AND SHALL NOT BE AN OFFENSE UNDER COLORADO LAW OR THE LAW OF ANY LOCALITY WITHIN COLORADO OR BE A BASIS FOR SEIZURE OR FORFEITURE OF ASSETS UNDER COLORADO LAW FOR PERSONS TWENTY-ONE YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER:
(d) CONSUMPTION OF MARIJUANA, PROVIDED THAT NOTHING IN THIS SECTION SHALL PERMIT CONSUMPTION THAT IS CONDUCTED OPENLY AND PUBLICLY OR IN A MANNER THAT ENDANGERS OTHERS.
“Retail Marijuana Use Within the CITY OF DENVER: Guide for Residents and Visitors
Can I smoke marijuana in a limousine in Denver?
Answer – It is illegal for drivers and front-seat passengers to use marijuana in vehicles designed for private, for-hire transportation in Denver. If the private, for-hire transportation operator allows for it, marijuana may be consumed in the rear passenger area only.”
25-14-205: Exemptions (if not specifically listed as an exemption below,
smoking is not permitted in any indoor area)
• Private homes and automobiles (unless being used for child care or day care)
• Cigar-Tobacco Bar (see definition below)
• Retail tobacco businesses, where the sale of other products is incidental
• Up to 25% of hotel/motel rooms
• Workplaces that are not open to the public with three (3) or fewer employees,
• including volunteers
• Limousines under private hire
• DIA (Denver International Airport) smoking area
• Areas of assisted living facilities that are designated for residents, that are fully
enclosed and ventilated and for which access is restricted to residents and
Disclaimer: nothing contained in this article constitutes legal advice. Customers are encouraged to consult a lawyer for any specific concerns and questions they may have.