About My 420 Tours:
My 420 Tours celebrates the natural properties of a widely misunderstood plant and the ever-growing movement to bring it to light. We’re at the forefront of cannabis travel, offering visitors a glimpse into the cutting-edge world of legalization in Colorado and beyond. We understand how lucky we are to live in a state that not only supports our business, but fosters the cannabis industry as a whole.
Our vision is to connect the cannabis community worldwide through educational and authentic cannabis experiences. We aim to dispel shame and replace it with a sense of acceptance, sky-high standards, knowledge and pride. We achieve this by building a team of individuals who are passionate about creating positive change in the world, and who enjoy working together towards that common goal.
The primary objective of this position is to support the Director of Marketing in day to day tasks. My 420 Tours is a growing company with many moving parts that need to be strategically managed with the goal of driving exposure to the brand.
Marketing Assistant expectations
- Drive exposure through developing and managing social media content.
- Blog Post content drafting with built-to-rank finished products.
- Event calendar maintenance
- Field marketing, street team and special event attendance and operations.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the marketing campaigns to increase web traffic.
- Maintain quality digital reputation for all marketing verticals.
- Promote the My 420 Tours endorsed products and sponsors in every engagement.
- Provide the best customer experience possible for all potential My 420 Tours guests.
- Attend regular team meetings and maintain knowledge of ongoing and upcoming company operations to ensure effective communication with customers.
- Confer with company leadership, external advisors and staff members to discuss issues, coordinate activities, and resolve problems.
- Actively coordinate, communicate and cooperate with other business leaders to achieve company goals.
- Assist the company in determining and meeting its’ short term and long-term objectives
- Updated job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Education Requirements & Preferred Skills:
- Three years of related experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including basic computer skills and familiarity with Google Suite.
- Extremely professional and driven.
- High ability and desire to learn, change and improve.
- Social Media marketing strategy
- Effective time management and organization skills.
- Content and Website development using Word Press
- SEO and SEM familiarity.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Accountability – Ability to take responsibility for one’s own actions, for those of your department, and for our company.
- Active Listening – Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Attendance – Consistently reports to work as required and completes normal work hours.
- Business Acumen – Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
- Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written – Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Conceptual Thinking – Ability to think in terms of abstract ideas.
- Decision Making – Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Delegating Responsibility – Ability to allocate authority and/or task responsibility to appropriate people.
- Financial Aptitude – Ability to understand and explain economic and accounting information, prepare and manage budgets, and make sound long-term investment decisions.
- Follow Through – Ability to continue a plan, project, task, or the like to its completion to make sure the situation is resolved and appropriate individuals are updated.
- Innovation – Ability to look beyond the standard solutions and develop recommendations that have not been tried before.
- Interpersonal – Ability to interact well with others, taking into account their feelings and perspectives in a thoughtful and respectful manner.
- Leadership – Ability to create loyalty and motivation through demonstrated leadership characteristics, leading by example, appropriate praise and constructive criticism, and maintaining the highest ethical standards.
- Multi-Tasking – Ability to manage multiple competing projects and priorities and make effective decisions as to the appropriate time and resource allocations.
- Professionalism – Ability to maintain a professional image and attitude in all facets of this position.
- Project Management – Ability to organize and direct a project to completion.
- Strategic Planning – Ability to develop a vision for the future and create a culture in which the long-range goals can be achieved.
- Teamwork – Ability to integrate with and contribute to an effective and efficient team.
- Working Under Pressure – Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
- Excellent attendance.
- Urgency, timeliness and detail minded in work habits.
- Actively participate in and attend weekly team meetings.
- Knowledge of the legal cannabis industry in Colorado, as well as other states and countries that have adopted legalization.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Growth oriented.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Must be available to work weekends if needed.